Canon today announced the successor for their entry-level DSLR, EOS 450D/Rebel XSi. The new 450D features a 12.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor, a larger 3” LCD screen with Live View and 9-point AF system. The new entry level camera has some features imported from higher level cameras like DIGIC III image processor, 40D style menu and new features that enable flash control from the camera. Using the DIGIC III image processor raw files are encoded using 14 bits delivering better details.
The new Live View mode introduces Live AF, an autofocus mode that can be used during the live view mode, a big improvement from higher class 40D.
The camera also introduces the long-awaited spot metering mode covering 4% of the image.
At least, but not least important, the retail price for the body will be $799.
The EOS 450D features:
- 12.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- Canon’s EOS Integrated Cleaning System
- 3.5 frames per second
- 3.0” LCD with Live View shooting
- 9-point wide-area AF system with f/2.8 cross-type centre point
- Picture Style image processing parameters
- DIGIC III image processor
- Digital Photo Professional RAW processing software1
- Compact and Lightweight body
- Fully compatible with all Canon EF and EF-S lenses and EX-series Speedlites